- Polyketides, 508 M.W derived from fungal liquid fermentation.
- Superior efficacy against antibiotic resistant-pathogens (MRSA, VRE, CRSA etc.).
- Stronger and broader antibiotic activity than the vancomycin.
- Other effects: anti-acne, oral diseases and animal-pathogens
- Stable at broad temperatures.
- None cytotoxicity
- Mass production and process technology (fermentation, separation and purification) established.
1. Mechanism of actions
- Seems to inhibit membrane synthesis.
- Not influenced by vancomycin-resistant genes possessed in VREs.
- IC50 against cancer cells (RKO, DLD1) : 160 ug/ml
- IC50 against murine lymphocyte : > 1,000 ug/ml
2. Chemistry and characterization data
- Single novel compound, Polyketides
- White powder with MW 508
- Soluble in DMSO, acetonitrile, methanol etc.
- Stable at over 60° for many hours.