- CG100649 may offer improved safety over existing traditional NSAIDs and COX-2 inhibitors available on the market today through its unique dual inhibition mechanism of action where the drug is able to bypass sensitive tissues including cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and renal tissues, and only pharmacologically be active in the target synovial tissues including back, knees, and other joints.
- CG100649 has recently completed a Phase IIa clinical trial with 248 osteoarthritic patients in Europe and will progress into further clinical development as Phase IIb and III trial protocols are being designed. There have been no cardiovascular or gastrointestinal related adverse events throughout all completed clinical trials thus far.
- CrystalGenomics, Inc. is a leading structural chemoproteiomics-based drug discovery and development company headquartered in Seoul, Korea with a US subsidiary (CG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) in Emeryville,
California for multi-national clinical management.
- Our lead drug candidate is a novel and next generation Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID), CG100649, which is a tissue specific anti-inflammatory agent with potentially improved cardiovascular,
gastrointestinal, and renal safety profiles and has recently completed a Phase IIa clinical trial in Europe with 248 OA patients.
- CrystalGenomics, Inc. is seeking a partner who recognizes the potential for CG100649 program and possesses required capabilities and resources to further develop CG100649 on a global or regional
basis. Worldwide territory is available for licensing except for Korea and India. Both worldwide and regional proposals will be considered (e.g. North America, EU, Japan, Asia excluding Japan, etc.), and co-development possibilities on regional basis will also be considered.
- Terms of the transaction are not set, and any interested parties may further discuss the details if they wish to enter into an agreement.
□ Cardiovascular (CV) and Gastrointestinal (GI) Safety
Based on clinical data available up to now, CG100649 does not increase blood pressure at therapeutic or supratherapeutic doses, and may possibly be used in hypertensive patients with OA in addition to normotensive patients with OA. It also shows favorable GI safety profile and potentially help patients with history of GI ulcers/bleeding, and in patients with GI risk factors. CG100649 as a single agent can help overcome CV problems associated with existing COX-2 inhibitors such as celecoxib and also, GI
problems associated with existing NSAIDs such as naproxen.
Based on available preclinical and clinical data, CG100649 is expected to possess superior efficacy over celecoxib.