• The new technology is about the natural compound, MP304(Approx.190 M.W) which shows strong and broad efficacy against causal microbes of cavity, gingivitis and halitosis.
• MP304 is a member of sesquiterpenoids derived from a fungal liquid-fermentation.
• In laboratory experiment on rats, it showed little toxicity.
• Bioprocess technology for mass production has been established.
- Yield : approx. 1.5~2g/L in liquid fermentation
- very simple purification process
• MP304 is applicable to broad industrial fields including various foods & medicine.
• MP304 can be used as a major ingredient in tooth paste, mouth wash products, medicine, various foods and drinks to prevent or control cavity, gingivitis and halitosis.
3. Market Feasibility
• Market size for oral disease-related fields is uncountable because it can include food and pharmaceutical industries.
• The needs for natural compound specially in cavity has been constantly increasing in related industries.
4. Technical Advantages
• Most of ingredients for cavity, gingivitis and halitosis are synthetic and are not edible due to its toxicity.
• MP304 is natural with little toxicity but has broad and strong efficacy against oral pathogens. This strong advantage should satisfy customer needs.
• Productivity of natural compound from microbes is always unsatisfactory. Productivity of MP304, however, is very high yielding 1.5~2g/L thanks to strain improvement and fermentation optimization.
5. Technical Highlighted Summary
• MIC against major pathogens by alamar blue method