1. Potent lung cancer suppressor associated to multiple-cancer signaling
: Our target AIMP2 is related to a couple of major cancer pathways. AIMP2 enhances cell death extrinsically and intrinsically. Further AIMP2 suppresses cellular proliferation via beta-catenin and c-myc pathways. Targeting this multifunctional protein can protect the clinical trial from acquiring drug resistance.
2. Targeting cancer -specifically inducible oncogene
: We suppress a splicing variant induced in tumor region. Therefore we can efficiently avoid side effect on normal cells.
3. Screening platform to optimize siRNA
: We should optimize siRNA to fit the lung cancer therapy and we developed a platform to screen siRNA. That techniques include monitoring transfection yield, calculating released cytokines and comparative method about siRNA stability.
4. Expert delivery skill of siRNA to lung
: We have designed several delivery system and carrier to lung.
5. Basic research infra to prove a value of novel therapeutic target
: We have studied the various functions of tRNA synthetases and the co-factors. Although now we are focusing on oncology, we have enough experiences with immunology and biochemistry. Moreover, because Dr. Kim’s Lab of Seoul National University also cooperate our researches, we can deal with several high techniques.