Current approaches for the diagnosis and monitoring of chronic conditions or the detection of bacteria or viruses rely on immunoassay testing carried out at a central laboratory. This approach means a substantial time lag, delaying the patients course of treatment. The developed point of care device allows rapid screening for up to three components from a single sample. Meaning effective treatment can begin much sooner than is currently possible.??
Users place their sample on a disposable cassette that is combined with the detection system and receive the results a short time later, all in a single homogeneous step. Tailoring the cassette allows the device to be employed for a wide range of applications both in developed and developing countries.
· Small, inexpensive, PoC device?.?
· Rapid analysis time.
· Allows screening for multiple analytes.
Markets and Applications
· Agriculture - ?detection of ochratoxins in rye or the levels of pesticides in water.?
· Thyroid Function Testing - simultaneous detection of thyroxine, tri-iodothyronine & thyroid stimulating hormone.
· Bacteria & Virus Detection - identification of the bacteria responsible in food poisoning cases.
A commercial development partner is sought to accelerate the development of this technology??.